A Supreme Court of Florida Circuit Mediator and a Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator With Decades Of Experience
Donna DeVaney Stockham has been a lawyer for 25 years and she has represented both plaintiffs and defendants. She has tried cases for both plaintiff and defendants. Mrs. Stockham now focuses her practice on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). Mrs. Stockham is known in the legal community for being honest, prepared, educated, and fair about the matters at hand.
Mrs. Stockham has diverse experience representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants as part of her legal career:
- A defense lawyer representing large companies in product liability, business and general civil litigation matters
- An advocate for pharmaceutical companies in Fen-Phen and latex glove litigation
- A plaintiffs’ attorney handling property damage cases throughout Florida and Texas
To learn more about Mrs. Stockham’s background, follow the link below:
My Legal Education And Career Development
After completing her undergraduate studies at Auburn University, Mrs. Stockham attended Stetson University College of Law where she earned her Juris Doctor, cum laude. She began her legal career as an attorney in the general litigation department at Carlton Fields, P.A. There, she defended a variety of clients in business and civil litigation matters. Later, in the Products Liability Group at the Firm, she represented pharmaceutical manufacturers in the Fen-Phen and latex glove litigation. She became a shareholder at Carlton Fields in 2004.
In 2006, Mrs. Stockham decided that she wanted to expand her experience and she joined Merlin Law Group where she practiced for close to seven (7) years representing plaintiffs in property damage claims in both Florida and Texas. Ultimately, Mrs. Stockham opened her own law firm in 2013, focusing on property damage claims, along with condominium and community association management and nursing home abuse cases.
In addition to Mrs. Stockham’s years of experience, her colleagues derive confidence in her skills and ability from her many honors and accomplishments, including:
- Board of Directors, Windstorm Insurance Network 2018-2022
- Board of Governors, Federal Association for Insurance Reform (FAIR), 2021-present
- Tampa Bay Business Journal’s Leadership Trust, a select group for presidents and CEOs of businesses.
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2013-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2010-2012
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2016-2020
- Tampa Magazine, Women to Watch 2022
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated™ attorney by Martindale-Hubbell®*
Get Started On Scheduling Your Mediation or Arbitration Today
Call 813-867-5492 or complete an online inquiry form to schedule your next mediation or arbitration. Mrs. Stockham offers both virtual and in-person mediations and arbitrations in Florida.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.